Courage to Care in the Classroom
Booking Form for In The Classroom Bookings
We anticipate that your students’ participation in the Courage to Care program will make a positive contribution to managing these issues.
Terms and Conditions
To ensure that the experience of the Courage to Care in the Classroom program flows seamlessly on the day and is as beneficial as possible for students, please:
- Appoint a member of the teaching staff as a Coordinating Teacher. He/she will be the key contact person with Courage to Care. This allows for easy and effective communication.
- This person is also responsible for:
- Submitting the above booking form at least 4 weeks from the program date
- Informing teachers and students to be aware and respect that all people conducting the program are volunteers who offer their valuable time in order to promote the message of social acceptance
- Our experience is that prior preparation enhances the excursion for students, as well as serves to better embed learning so if you have the opportunity to do some we would highly recommend it.
- Teacher’s Booklets will be provided to the coordinating teacher
- Previsit and post-visit preparation materials will be provided in soft copy format to distribute to other attending teachers/classes
On the day
- A program space/auditorium has been pre-determined with Courage to Care
- Break-out rooms where workshops are held have been assigned
- A microphone, projector and screen is available for use
- If there is multiple sessions occurring, have an assigned area that Courage to Care volunteers, particularly Holocaust survivors can take breaks
- Informing teaching staff, that during the sessions teachers need to:
- Help manoeuvre students into discussion groups
- Function predominantly as observers in the discussion workshop and not participate actively
- Turn their mobile phones on silent and not make/receive any calls
- Post visit activity and evaluation materials have been provided to distribute to other attending teachers/classes
- All classes’ and teachers’ evaluations need to be collected and posted to Courage to Care
- Any Personal Response Projects should be collected and returned to Courage to Care. Please note that a certificate will be issued to all students who contribute to the Personal Response Project, either in hardcopy or online. Please ensure each response includes name, school and year level